Chef Open Positions
Relationship Manager - West
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
Chef is Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work companies for 2017, is the recipient of Forbes’ 2016 Tech Impact Award, and has been nominated for numerous awards, such as “Best Emerging Tech Titan” by Seattle’s Geekwire magazine and Business Insider, in addition to Best CEO.
The Relationship Management Team is an integral component to Chef’s long-term success. As a Relationship Manager, you will be working with high value accounts that include the most recognized brands and global industry leaders across Banking, Consumer Retail, Insurance and Technology and many more.
The primary responsibility of this role is to protect Chef revenue by ensuring the timely and complete renewal of each customer within a sizable book of business. Successfully accomplishing this objective requires a high degree of collaboration across many teams internal teams; Enterprise Sales, Customer Success Management (CSM), Professional Services, Support and Finance) in addition to engaging with key stakeholders within customer accounts (business users, budget holders and executive management).
In doing so, you will not only successfully renew our valued customers, you will be in a unique position to identify new growth/expansion opportunities as well escalating at risk business. Daily activities include but are not limited to conducting account reviews/risk assessment, forecasting, heavy negotiations, solutioning with internal resources and closing renewals prior to contract expiration.gain an in depth understanding of each account by engaging key stakeholders within customer accounts (business users, budget holders and executive management)
- Responsible for overseeing all assigned accounts and respective contract renewals, which includes working directly with customers and internal team players to ensure timely and accurate contract execution.
- Ownership of the renewal contract processes from initial early stage notification through contract completion and revenue booking.
- Work with the CSMs and customers on difficult situations with an eye for problem solving.
- Establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with customers, including executives.
- Excellent communication and effective follow-up with several internal stakeholders regarding the forecast status, business challenges and with suggested paths to successful resolutions.
- 10 - 12 years of experience in some combination of Customer Success, Account Management, Enterprise Sales or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quotas.
- Demonstrated experience and success in building rapport while negotiating complex, Executive-level, Software-as-a-Service or enterprise software renewals.
- Ability to organize and present commercial models in a powerful, influential way.
- Team player with demonstrated experience working within a highly collaborative, team environment.
- Experienced at restructuring contract terms, and conditions relating to legal, finance and billing in a way that ensures mutual value [for the customer and Chef] while meeting revenue recognition requirements.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, Customer-focused environment.
- Self-starter who takes initiative.
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expect high standards for self and team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management, organization, process management, and decision-making skills are critical.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the year.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.