Chef Open Positions
Principal Software Development Engineer - Compliance and Security
Chef is building the best infrastructure automation platform on the planet. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
The partner engineering team is a fast moving and highly technical group responsible for designing and building the right product integrations with our Ecosystem partners. These range from the major hyperscale clouds like AWS, Microsoft and Google to a wide range of enterprise software vendors. Integration with our ecosystem partners is key to the successful adoption of Chef within an enterprise, as such you will play an integral role in the success of the company.
You would be an engineering leader in the team building content to allow enterprises to meet their compliance and audit requirements using InSpec and Chef Automate.
Who you are:
- You’ve spent the last few years working with a range of Cloud Technologies and DevOps tools to deliver projects and solutions
- You have experience taking the lead role in designing and implementing complex technical solutions for Cloud based solutions and complex software architectures
- You have solid software development skills with experience in (one or more of) Ruby, Erlang, Python, Go, C/C++, C# or Java
- Expertise with Linux and Windows operations and networking is a given
- You like to dive in, learn new things, and want to build awesome products
- You can demonstrate deep knowledge for languages and technology stacks that you've worked with
- Previous experience (8+ years) as a software engineer, technical consultant or partner engineer
- Previous experience working in a security focused engineering role a plus
- You’ll enjoy collaborating closely with Chef Customers and Partner teams to understand their complex issues, solve their problems and elicit frequent feedback on the solutions you provide
- You believe quality is part of the process and not an afterthought
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent experience, is required
What you’ll do:
- Become an expert and advocate on our Inspec Compliance Tool to ensure its usage by customers remaining compliant and secure in an ever changing DevOps landscape
- Lead and mentor other engineers in developing InSpec profiles for common OS hardening and regulatory compliance standards
- Create tooling and infrastructure to allow Chef to assert the high quality of such profiles that are created
- Support open source contributors, new and experienced, with supportive and constructive code review, documentation improvements, and workflow changes
- Advocate and support improvements to our APIs and improvements with core development and integration of our partners
- Work on issues and improvements in our tools critical to the success of Chef’s customers and the broader Chef community
Work isn’t just about work though. We offer competitive salaries, equity, fantastic benefits, and flexible hours. You’ll also get to work with some of the most down to earth, driven, intelligent and well read developers in their fields!
Our Belfast site is growing and we want to ensure we create a team with a diverse worldview, that are excited to build a high quality DevOps engineering environment that's an exciting, enjoyable and creative place to work.
If this sounds like a team you’d enjoy working with and technology you want to spend time on, for a product you can get behind, get in touch!
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.