Chef Open Positions
Customer Success Manager, Strategic
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
The Chef Customer Success Team operates globally, and includes Customer Success Management, Technical Success, Professional Services, and Support. These teams work together closely to execute on programs and playbooks that enable our customers to become successful and grow.
Do you like playing an integral part of a team assisting to develop and execute strategy for premier customers? Do you like working working closely with internal and external departments to optimize productivity and ensure customer satisfaction?
The Customer Success Manager, Strategic Segment plays a central role in our relationships with our customer base. They are responsible for managing a defined group of accounts to ensure their customers successfully deploy, adopt, maintain and expand Chef solutions. In this role, the CSM will also work to help manage our relationship across multiple businesses and executives, bringing a senior Chef presence to the accounts. Customer Success Managers are motivated individual contributors who run point on the relationship, ensures the customer embraces the full benefits of Chef and guides them along their DevOps journey. The Customer Success Manager also identifies upsell and cross-sell opportunities, generate referrals, and drives customer loyalty.
While Chef is headquartered in Seattle, this position can be remote within the Western region the United States.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a portfolio of customers of our largest and most strategic customers to drive greater business value and ensuring our customer’s Chef investment is being optimally leveraged
- Manage across multiple business units a coordinated account strategy
- Support Sales efforts to articulate customer on-boarding experience and success program
- Proactively drive customer adoption and look for opportunities to increase customer loyalty and revenue growth
- Recognize expansion opportunities and effectively qualify them for Sales counterparts to bring to closure
- Improve Customer Experience & Customer Satisfaction by helping them achieve their stated business outcomes
- Lead strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journeys, maturity models, voice-of-customer, and product feedback
- Provide feedback to Sales, Product and Marketing on patterns you see with customers that will allow us to more efficiently scale our business.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate cross-functionally to drive market readiness, sales handoffs, customer marketing, training actions, services deployment, and effective support
- Expected to travel 35% of the time on average
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Customer Success or Account Management in the Software or SaaS industry
- Passionate about Customer Success and the post sale customer experience
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, configuration management tools, or SDLC processes
- Experience working with technical practitioners and executive sponsors
- Passion for technical community building (publicly and internally)
- Large scale enterprise IT experience
- Assertive but empathetic in nature; able to assist customers toward strategic goals through a combination of persuasion and rapport
- Experience presenting to customers both on-site and virtually
- Proven success in meeting target renewal, expansion and retention goals
- Energized by connecting and building long-lasting relationships with customers
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and organization skills
- Detail-oriented – able to capture proper information correctly and accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and achieve results with enterprise software in complex infrastructure and serverless environments
- Ability to overcome obstacles in a fast paced and high expectation environment
- Curiosity and willingness to experiment, fail fast, learn, and adapt; flexibility to learn from what you’ve done in the past, not adhere rigidly to it
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.