Chef Open Positions
Partner Solutions Architect - Strategic Partners
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
The Partner Solutions Architect must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Solutions Architects are the primary technical resource for partners and the CHEF channel sales teams, and are responsible for actively driving and managing technical integrations between Chef and our partners. Partner Solutions Architects are a critical piece of the field team, ensuring success via partner technical sales enablement, design and development of integrations and recommendations to customers. They work with partner sales counterparts to facilitate a growing partner ecosystem.
This role is for a Partner Solutions Architect who will primarily focus on our strategic partners (HPE, VMware, AWS).
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology. You must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base; driven by partners. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, able to drive successful technical integrations via creative and adaptive approaches.
- Demonstrated experience with the enterprise sales process via partners
- Experience in systems engineering/administration and/or software development
- Understanding of or ability to learn quickly about configuration management tools and principles
- Ability to work directly with partners and a commitment to their success in technology capabilities and sales
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence
- Experience and familiarity of our products, line of business, and our partners is a huge plus
- Previous experience in the HPE or VMware ecosystem is a plus
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
- Awesomeness trumps all other requirements
- Responsible for development and delivery of great product demonstrations to partners and to end customers
- Responsible for representing the product to partners and customers at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in enterprise computing, infrastructure, and cloud computing provider industries
- Able to drive technical knowledge and confidence within the partner ecosystem
- Able and willing to travel globally
- Able to convey partner and customer requirements to Product Management teams
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.