Chef Open Positions
Account Executive, Professional Services
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
The Chef Customer Success Team operates globally, and includes Customer Success Management, Professional Services, and Support. These teams work together closely to execute on programs and playbooks that enable our customers to become successful and grow.
The person in this role will initially support a large team of sales reps, and should be able to sell through a direct sales team as well as channel partners. A team player, the successful candidate will have proven experience selling services to large enterprise companies. This is a quota-carrying sales role, and successful results working in a sales overlay role in a similar company is required.
- Cultivate, build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Achieve an annual professional services sales quota based on corporate guidelines and targets.
- Designing proposals, quotes and pricing for our clients.
- Create and maintain professional services opportunities in Salesforce.
- Track and facilitate closure of all opportunities.
- Demonstrate the ability to qualify, develop, and close professional services opportunities.
- Plan, budget, forecast and execute a sales strategy as part of a larger team.
- Effectively utilize various internal resources and stakeholders to scope and develop proposals as well as close opportunities to achieve quota.
- Maintain daily activities in SalesForce.com by tracking all calls, emails, and interactions with prospects and customers.
- Build working relationships with field sales, sales engineers, market development, and consulting to develop joint account plans/strategies.
- Requires up to 25% travel.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous sales experience, or other relevant direct client contact or executive consulting role required.
- Exceptional relationship building and consultative sales skills.
- An established and successful working relationship with clients and the ability to plan and strategize.
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of service offerings within the Chef Software product suite.
- A Bachelor's degree required or higher.
- Excellent sales presentation and business writing skills.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding quota and goals.
- Existing involvement in the Chef community is a bonus.
- Prior experience in technical consulting is a bonus.
- Awesomeness trumps all other requirements.
Principals only, no recruiters.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.