Chef Open Positions
Field Marketing Manager
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
Our high growth company is seeking an energetic, innovative field marketing contractor with exceptional relationship-building skills for the US West/Central Region. The position will report into the Director Field Marketing and will work closely with the regional sales teams to develop and execute local marketing plans that drive pipeline and community engagement. The successful candidate will create a marketing mix consisting of regional events, partner marketing, and strategic sales support with visibility and insights into local markets. This position covers the western and central region and will be based in Seattle, Chef headquarters.
Responsibility: Develop marketing programs and plans for execution
- Help identify, develop, manage, and support regional initiatives including events, campaigns, and partnerships to help bring the brand to life and to generate pipeline
- Interpret local market dynamics and develop plans and tools to address regional market needs
- Define and create a set of marketing programs to drive new and existing business opportunities
- Measure and analyze field marketing performance against target plan
- Manage and balance regional field marketing budget and spend
- Work with Online Marketing to analyze sales and marketing performance data, build dashboards, and track key metrics
- Build and execute programs targeting C-level audience as well as the practitioner/developer audience and understand the differences between the two.
Responsibility: Execute against field marketing plan:
- Own end-to-end execution of all regional events (incl. managing participation in DevOps Days and other Community Events as well as initiation and delivery of Chef owned events)
- Contract and negotiate with event venues on schedule, room, AV, F&B etc
- Work in close coordination with revenue marketing on lead follow up and progression
- Initiate development of all materials to effectively support and promote the field marketing program
- Develop new ways to positively impact the sales pipeline through creative deliverables
- Close collaboration with geographically disparate field, product and revenue marketing to ensure consistent messaging and execution.
Responsibility: Support territory planning and sales alignment within region
- Collaborate with sales to manage pipeline coverage, acceleration and alignment across territories
- Assist the sales team with identifying marketing materials / collateral for presentations with named accounts
- Marketing skills with 5+ years in field marketing
- Previous experience in a Marketing role in technology required
- Event Management experience
- Experience developing regional plans to support account-based marketing
- Working knowledge of sales and marketing automation and tooling, such as Marketo and Salesforce.com
- Analytical capacity to understand data, patterns, and trends
- Demonstrated ability to build highly effective working relationships with sales and marketing
- A history of treating customers and community members like celebrities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage through multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and a “can do” attitude
- Bachelor's Degree with a Marketing or Business focus preferred
- Please submit a cover letter with your application.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.