Chef Open Positions
Director of Business Development – Microsoft Azure
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
A Director of Business Development at Chef works with key partner relationships spanning technology, consulting, and reseller partners to broaden the Chef ecosystem. In this role, you’ll work with Microsoft and our mutual partners to drive customer adoption and usage of Chef Automate, helping fuel the growth of Chef.
- Own the strategy and execution for establishing and building successful executive and field level relationships with Microsoft, with an objective to build and drive successful go to market and sales strategies
- Create and deliver sales and technical enablement to ensure success of Chef offerings on Azure.
- Drive partner participation in customer case studies, webinars, and other outbound communications.
- Achieve target goals for partner bookings contributions and ensure appropriate attribution for partner related deal activity
- Collaborate with various teams at Chef including marketing, support, sales, consulting, and others as needed to support Chef success through Azure.
- Be the “voice of Azure” within Chef to drive partner feedback to the product and engineering teams, promoting the best for Azure with Chef.
- Set up and drive executive business rhythms and drive decisions jointly with Azure
- Travel approximately 25% of the time to partners to develop and expand partner relationships.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and developments, communicating as needed internally to keep Chef in alignment with the industry.
- Represent Chef at industry events such as trade shows and meet ups.
- 7+ years’ experience building partner relationships for market-leading enterprise software and SaaS companies.
- Experience successfully building channel partner relationships and effectively selling through partners.
- Proven success at new business development with a particular focus on driving partner relationships resulting in the acquisition of new customer logos and expansion deals.
- Proven track record of over-quota and goal achievement.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate with C-level executives on a daily basis.
- Ability to work on a diverse team and excel in a team-selling environment.
- Experience with Salesforce and other tools used to manage and track partner relationships.
- Existing involvement in the Chef community is a bonus.
- “Awesomeness” trumps all other requirements.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.