Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
Chef is Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work companies for 2017, is the recipient of Forbes’ 2016 Tech Impact Award, and has been nominated for numerous awards, such as “Best Emerging Tech Titan” by Seattle’s Geekwire magazine and Business Insider, in addition to Best CEO.
As a Salesforce Administrator at Chef Software you will run and maintain our salesforce.com instance. The Salesforce Administrator will work as part of the sales operations team, dedicated to ensuring that we are maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of Salesforce.com. We are seeking someone with excellent technical and communication skills, who can interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs in order to administer the system accordingly. This person will add/delete users, customize basic salesforce features, promote adoption, work on salesforce specific projects, and more.
This is a unique opportunity to make a difference in an incredibly fast-growing business as part of our Sales Operations group, reporting to the Director of Sales Operations. We are recruiting for this position to be based at our Seattle headquarters. The ideal candidate will have a Salesforce Certified Administrator certification. You should be detail-oriented, organized and capable of handling multiple projects at once. In addition, you should be comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple departments as customers.
- Create workflows, permission sets, and validation rules.
- Manage data integrity (detect and resolve) - including objects, integrations, applications, fields, layouts.
- Add/delete users.
- Maintain user roles, profiles, & hierarchies.
- Monitor Salesforce storage and archive data on a quarterly basis.
- Assist sales management by creating processes in salesforce.com to help monitor activities, trends, sales, and leads.
- Create and maintain fields, views, reports, dashboards and other salesforce objects and functions.
- Document company’s salesforce processes and workflows.
- Import and mass update data as needed.
- Monitor and improve data quality.
- Operate in a business-analyst role providing insight and analysis for new business requirements and projects, and proactively identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Participate in user enablement and readiness efforts to achieve adoption and sales productivity.
- 1-3 years salesforce.com administration, ideally in the SaaS industry.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification 201.
- Ability to work independently to meet project requirements with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical capacity to understand data, patterns, and trends, paired with solid attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills + ability to listen and read between the lines.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines, and distill feedback and requirements to actionable items.
- Ability to multi-task, and handle occasional short-term priority changes with a high level of grace and professionalism
- Self-driven and strong bias toward execution and getting things done.
- A professional, outgoing and energetic, yet flexible attitude to the job (“can-do”).
- Ability to work in a global, remote and growing team environment.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.