Chef Open Positions
Pre-Sales Engineer / Solutions Architect
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
Chef is Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work companies for 2017, is the recipient of Forbes’ 2016 Tech Impact Award, and has been nominated for numerous awards, such as “Best Emerging Tech Titan” by Seattle’s Geekwire magazine and Business Insider, in addition to Best CEO.
Solutions Architects live and work at the intersection of sales and engineering.The ideal candidate must be able to articulate technology and product positioning at the executive, business and technical levels. Solutions Architects are the primary technical support for the field sales force and are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. They are there to ensure success with all Chef customers and strategize with their sales counterparts to steer customers to a commercial relationship.
The position will work remotely and travel as needed.
- Deliver great product demonstrations; tell stories with our software
- Represent the product to customers and at field events
- Remain up-to-date on changes and developments in our space
- Help sales qualify leads and define sales motions
- C customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Travel throughout sales territory without restriction
- Demonstrated experience & knowledge with, one or more, cloud platform.
- Recent hands on experience in systems engineering/administration or software development.
- Understanding of configuration management tools and principles.
- Ability to work directly with customers and a commitment to their success.
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills that inspire confidence
- 50%+ Travel
- Experience and familiarity of Chef’s products a huge plus.
- Demonstrable track record of displacing complex or legacy software.
- Fun to do business with
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in a senior technical position such as systems engineer, software engineer or sales engineering. They must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong communication skills both verbally and written. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.