Pre-Sales Engineer / Solutions Architect
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and ran with our code.
The Chef Customer Success Team operates globally, and includes Customer Success Management, Technical Success, Professional Services, and Support. These teams work together closely to execute on programs and playbooks that enable our customers to become successful and grow.
The Sales Engineer lives and works in the intersection between sales and engineering. You are able to articulate technology and product positioning at the executive, business and technical levels. Sales Engineers are the primary technical support for the field sales force and are responsible for actively driving and running the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. They are there to ensure success with all Chef customers and strategize with their sales counterparts to steer customers to a commercial relationship.
The position will work remotely and travel as needed.
You are self-motivated with a proven track record in a senior technical position such as systems engineer, software engineer or sales engineering. Your are comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. You possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Should be prepared for extensive travel.
- Delivering an excellent product demonstration which tells a story of how our software chips in value to our customer
- Representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in enterprise computing, infrastructure, and cloud computing provider industries.
- Acts in conjunction with the sales team to help qualify sales opportunities and determine sales motions within an account.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Able to travel throughout sales territory without restriction and frequently on short notice.
- Demonstrated experience & knowledge with, one or more, cloud platform. This includes, but not limited to: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, GCP or VMware.
- Practical knowledge of DevOps principles and practices
- CI/CD tooling experience a plus
- Recent hands on experience in systems engineering/administration and/or software development.
- Understanding of configuration management tools and principles.
- Ability to work directly with customers and a commitment to their success.
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a charismatic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence.
- Experience and familiarity of Chef’s products a huge plus.
- Demonstrable track record of displacing complex or legacy software.
- Fun to do business with.
- Eager & willing to travel extensively.
To sustain our striking growth, we are looking for people who believe in that mission and who thrive in an environment that focuses on promoting change and building the next generation of enterprise software companies. We want the best and the brightest who can make clear the opportunity that open source software and DevOps provide to the enterprise.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.