Chef Open Positions
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
Are you a die-hard event planner who enjoys taking the ball and running with it? Do you find yourself coming up with super creative ideas and making them come to fruition? This role may be for you!
Chef is looking for a hands-on Events Manager who will own the management and delivery of a variety of Chef events ranging from community gatherings to large industry trade shows. The right person for this role is comfortable working with multiple teams both technical and non-technical, in virtual and face-to-face environments. Events at Chef are in constant motion---we need someone who can handle unexpected changes with ease, professionalism and flexibility. If this sounds like you, read on.
- Plan, secure coordinate, organizing and arrange all facets of several technical industry events per year
- Lead a cross functional team to ensure consistent message and materials are carried throughout the event lifecycle (before, during and after)
- Create and managing event budgets
- Promote events through social media channels (twitter, Facebook & event blog)
- Secure appropriate resources for each event such as venue, accommodations, registration tools, displays, AV & catering
- Negotiate vendor contracts
- Determine event and event staff schedules
- Supply feedback and recommendations for event improvement
- Maintain inventory of promotional collateral (ie event giveaways)
- 3+ years corporate events planning experience
- Independent worker capable of managing multiple deadlines with little supervision
- Strong communicator and collaborator; able to work with a variety of teams and personalities
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and solutions oriented
- Experience with technical industry trade show
- Able to travel approximately 30% of the time
- Experience with company-hosted user conferences is a plus
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.