Chef Open Positions
Director of Professional Services
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
The Chef Customer Success Team operates globally, and includes Customer Success Management, Professional Services, and Support. These teams work together closely to execute on programs and playbooks that enable our customers to become successful and grow.
The Director of Professional Services is responsible for building and managing Chef’s team of Professional Services Technical Consultants, as well as growing the Professional Services line of business overall. The ideal candidate will have experience in continuous automation, DevOps and the configuration management space, and be responsible for on-boarding, coaching, mentoring, motivating and supervising professional services teams, as well as scoping and developing Statements of Work and managing profit and loss statements. This position requires broad experience with professional services, customer success, software development and system operations activities. Moderate travel is required to assist with complex projects and gather feedback from customers.
- Work together with our Sales organization to propose, scope, and price Professional Services Statements of Work, including managing a PS sales overlay team
- Work together with Customer Architects and Customer Success Managers to plan and execute internal projects, ensure that teams have appropriate training and manage resources to deliver Customer Success offerings
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead Professional Services team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Assist with project scheduling activities to ensure appropriately skilled Professional Services Technical Consultants are matched with cost effective and timely project delivery timelines.
- Ensure delivery model is focused on quality, cost effective delivery of services and customer success outcomes. Resolve escalated customer satisfaction issues.
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in enterprise computing infrastructure and cloud computing provider industries.
- Documents services provided to customers, including new code, techniques and processes, in such a way as to make such services more efficient in the future and to add to the Chef Community. Works with the Product Engineering and Support teams, to contribute documentation for Chef products.
- Minimum of 10 years of combined experience in professional services, technical consulting or customer success, and systems engineering/administration, or software development
- Experience managing technical consulting or professional services teamsComprehensive understanding of configuration management tools and principles
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence
- Experience in dynamic / scripting programming languages and Infrastructure Automation tools
- Experience in training others in complex tasks and skills
- Willingness to travel
- Existing involvement in the Chef community is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar professional experience.
- Awesomeness trumps all other requirements.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.