Director of Business Development, AWS
Chef is building the best cloud infrastructure automation platform on the planet. We’re writing the rules of the cloud – rules the world’s top companies live, breathe and contribute to.
A Director of Business Development at Chef works with key partner relationships spanning technology, consulting, and reseller partners to broaden the Chef ecosystem. In this role, you’ll work with AWS and our mutual partners to drive customer adoption and usage of Opsworks for Chef Automate, and other Chef software through AWS marketplace, helping fuel the growth of Chef.
- Own the strategy and execution for establishing and building successful executive and field level relationships with AWS, with an objective to build and drive successful go to market and sales strategies
- Create and deliver sales and technical enablement to ensure success of Chef offerings on AWS.
- Drive partner participation in customer case studies, webinars, and other outbound communications.
- Achieve target goals for partner bookings contributions and ensure appropriate attribution for partner related deal activity
- Collaborate with various teams at Chef including marketing, support, sales, consulting, and others as needed to support Chef success through AWS.
- Be the “voice of AWS” within Chef to drive partner feedback to the product and engineering teams, promoting the best for AWS with Chef.
- Setup and drive executive business rhythms and drive decisions jointly with AWS
- Travel greater than 50% of the time to partners to develop and expand partner relationships.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and developments, communicating as needed internally to keep Chef in alignment with the industry.
- Represent Chef at industry events such as trade shows and meetups.
- 7+ years’ experience building partner relationships for market-leading enterprise software and SaaS companies.
- Experience successfully building channel partner relationships and effectively selling through partners.
- Proven success at new business development with a particular focus on driving partner relationships resulting in the acquisition of new customer logos and expansion deals.
- Proven track record of over-quota and goal achievement.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate with C-level executives on a daily basis.
- Ability to work on a diverse team and excel in a team-selling environment.
- Experience with Salesforce and other tools used to manage and track partner relationships.
- Existing involvement in the Chef community is a bonus.
- “Awesomeness” trumps all other requirements.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.