Director of Sales Operations
By driving innovation in the “new” IT world, Chef is on a mission to create continuous delivery at velocity to the individual DevOps engineer and enterprise organizations. Chef is Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work companies for 2017, is the recipient of Forbes’ 2016 Tech Impact Award, and has been nominated for numerous awards, such as “Best Emerging Tech Titan” by Seattle’s Geekwire magazine and Business Insider, in addition to Best CEO. The Chef platform enables the entire enterprise ecosystem of customers, suppliers and solution partners to manage changes to applications, infrastructure, and compliance in multiple environments.
Chef is looking for an experienced Director of Sales Operations to make an immediate impact on the overall effectiveness and productivity of our sales force. A successful candidate will have the ability to contribute to and evolve the overall sales operations strategy, while working with a Global Sales Team. This role works cross-functionally with the Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Success, and Product teams and reports to the Sr. Director of Customer and Partner Operations.
Who we are:
The Customer and Partner Operations team is responsible for making our Sales, Customer Success and Business Development organizations more productive and successful. We build out the systems (Salesforce and Gainsight) and processes that enable Chef to scale and provide visibility to our executive team on our rapidly growing business. We like to think of ourselves as the glue that holds Chef together and our internal brand is that we drive outcomes.
Who you are:
You are a systems and process expert, who leverages deep sales technology expertise within Salesforce.com to tackle hard problems, while instinctively seizing opportunities to bring the team new ideas on how to improve overall sales effectiveness. You excel at change management and driving new processes within and across teams. You intuitively translate business needs into requirements, operationalizing them in the most intuitive/scalable way. You thrive in a high-growth environment, require little ongoing direction and are ready to roll up your sleeves and simultaneously lay a foundation for scaling while serving the day to day needs of a rapidly growing business. You are detail oriented and data driven.
What you will do:
You will translate complex business requirements into scalable processes and systems implementations. You will be a champion and develop Salesforce requirements that support sales, cross-selling, lead generation, and pipeline building across Enterprise and Mid-Market Sales Teams. Working with our Salesforce Solution Architect you will implement those requirements and rollout to our Sales Team. With the ability to drive territory optimization, process optimization, forecast modelling, and commission analysis with Finance you will create positive impact with our customers and partners. You will develop and execute strategic and tactical programs to track new business and renewals, account performance in terms of activity and revenue. Completing monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reporting, dashboarding and analysis requests related to Sales and Business Development forecasting you will ensure deals are structured and processed efficiently and align to company policies, while working closely with Sales, Customer Success, Legal, and Finance on non-standard deals.
Key Areas of Impact:
- Monitor data quality and integrity within salesforce.com and leverage marketo integrations in salesforce
- Collaborate with product marketing, field marketing, customer success and training teams to create and maintain enablement materials for the sales team
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts; and coordinate planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the company.
- Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies
- Recommend revisions to existing reports and assist in the development of new reporting tools including dashboard capturing key business metrics
- Provide input to senior leadership on developing and administering sales incentive programs
- Manage and maintain sales pipeline; track and enforce pipeline benchmarks
- Manage sales compensation details
- Facilitate a culture of continuous process improvement
- Facilitate lead management and other marketing operations initiatives tied to sales
- 7+ years of sales operations experience
- Deep expertise in Salesforce.com. Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and Salesforce implementations
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to build an onboarding program for new Sales hires
- A perspective rooted in experience on best practices around B2B enterprise sales and marketing process implementation
- Experience working with a globally distributed sales force
- The ability to work effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- Demonstrated ability to be seen by sales as adding value while maintaining strong discipline on process and data.
- Familiarity with Gainsight and Customer Success Methodology
- Ability to organize and prioritize, maintain attention to detail, and work under critical timeframes. A strong sense of urgency a must.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, presentation skills and the ability to articulate business cases and solutions
- Familiarity with lead loading processes in Marketo
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.