Customer Success Manager - Midwest
By driving innovation in the “new” IT world, Chef is on a mission to create continuous delivery at velocity to the individual DevOps engineer and enterprise organizations. Chef is Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work companies for 2017, is the recipient of Forbes’ 2016 Tech Impact Award, and has been nominated for numerous awards, such as “Best Emerging Tech Titan” by Seattle’s Geekwire magazine and Business Insider, in addition to Best CEO. The Chef platform enables the entire enterprise ecosystem of customers, suppliers and solution partners to manage changes to applications, infrastructure, and compliance in multiple environments.
Do you like playing an integral part of a team assisting to develop and execute strategy for premier customers? Do you like working working closely with internal and external departments to optimize productivity and ensure customer satisfaction?
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) enables customers to achieve their desired business objectives with Chef Automate. The CSM runs point on the relationship, ensures the Customer embraces the full benefit of Chef Automate and guides them along their DevOps journey.
While Chef is headquartered in Seattle, this is a remote position serving the Central/Midwest region of the United States.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a portfolio of customers to drive greater business value and ensuring our customer’s Chef investment is being optimally leveraged
- Support Sales efforts to articulate customer on-boarding experience and success program
- Proactively drive customer adoption and look for opportunities to increase overall contract value.
- Work closely with the expansion sales team as opportunities are identified.
- Position Success Subscriptions and Services offerings, as needed
- Understand and manage Customer Health in a proactive fashion
- Improve Customer Experience & Customer Satisfaction by helping them achieve their stated business outcomes
- Implement action plans and playbooks that drive key metrics for the CSM
- Lead strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journeys, maturity models, voice-of-customer, and product feedback
- Make customer renewals seamless - a non-event
- Provide feedback to Sales, Product and Marketing on patterns you see with Customers that will allow us to more efficiently scale our business.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate cross-functionally to drive market readiness, sales handoffs, customer marketing, training actions, services deployment, and effective support
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and achieve results with enterprise software in complex infrastructure and serverless environments
- Ability to overcome obstacles in a fast paced and high expectation environment
- Strong desire to make the customer journey exceptional
- 7+ years of technical account management experience
- Experience working with technical practitioners and executive sponsors
- Strong project management, organizational and analytical skills
- A customer first mindset
- Strong perspective rooted in past experience, paired with willingness to listen carefully, explore new ideas, and coach
- Curiosity and willingness to experiment, fail fast, learn, and adapt; flexibility to learn from what you’ve done in the past, not adhere rigidly to it
- Experience utilizing Gainsight is a huge plus
- Travel 25 - 50%
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.