Pre-Sales Engineer / Solutions Architect - UK
The Solutions Architect lives and works in the intersection between sales and engineering. He or she must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Solutions Architects are the primary technical resource for the field sales force and are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. They are there to ensure success with all Chef customers and strategize with their sales counterparts to steer customers to a commercial relationship.
We are recruiting for this position in the United Kingdom, preferably in the area of London - any other location near a major airport could be considered. The position will be teamed with an Enterprise Regional Director and the two roles will work remotely.
- Delivering a great product demonstration which tells a story of how our software provides value to our customer
- Representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in enterprise computing, infrastructure, and cloud computing provider industries.
- Acts in conjunction with the sales team to help qualify sales opportunities and determine sales motions within an account.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Able to travel throughout sales territory.
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology. They must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Must be prepared for extensive travel.
- Demonstrated experience with the enterprise sales process.
- Demonstrated experience & knowledge with, one or more, cloud platform. This includes, but not limited to: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or VMware.
- Experience in systems engineering/administration or software development.
- Understanding of configuration management tools and principles.
- Ability to work directly with customers and a commitment to their success.
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence.
- Experience and familiarity of Chef’s products a huge plus.
- Demonstrable track record of displacing complex or legacy software.
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for people who believe in that mission and who thrive in an environment that focuses on promoting change and building the next generation of enterprise software companies. We want the best and the brightest who can make clear the opportunity that open source software and DevOps provide to the enterprise.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.