Pre-Sales Engineer - New York Metro
Chef is building the best cloud infrastructure automation platform on the planet. We’re writing the rules of the cloud – rules the world’s top companies live, breathe and contribute to.
The Sales Engineer lives and works in the intersection between sales and engineering. The ideal candidate must be able to articulate technology and product positioning at the executive, business and technical levels. Sales Engineers are the primary technical support for the field sales force and are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. They are there to ensure success with all Chef customers and strategize with their sales counterparts to steer customers to a commercial relationship.
The position will be located in New York, will work remotely, and travel as needed.
- Delivering a great product demonstration which tells a story of how our software provides value to our customer
- Representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in enterprise computing, infrastructure, and cloud computing provider industries.
- Acts in conjunction with the sales team to help qualify sales opportunities and determine sales motions within an account.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Able to travel throughout sales territory without restriction and frequently on short notice.
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in a senior technical position such as systems engineer, software engineer or sales engineering. They must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Must be prepared for extensive travel.
- Demonstrated experience & knowledge with, one or more, cloud platform. This includes, but not limited to: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or VMware.
- Recent hands on experience in systems engineering/administration or software development.
- Understanding of configuration management tools and principles.
- Ability to work directly with customers and a commitment to their success.
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence.
- Eager & willing to travel.
- Experience and familiarity of Chef’s products a huge plus.
- Demonstrable track record of displacing complex or legacy software.
- Fun to do business with
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for people who believe in that mission and who thrive in an environment that focuses on promoting change and building the next generation of enterprise software companies. We want the best and the brightest who can make clear the opportunity that open source software and DevOps provide to the enterprise.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.