Corporate Attorney - Commercial
Are you looking for a new challenge?
At Chef, we are creating the world’s leading enterprise automation stack that empowers application developers and infrastructure engineers to deliver world class automation and ship apps faster. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Application and Infrastructure teams inside the Enterprise wildly successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast paced, start-up like environments.
We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, learn and more. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
We are looking for a corporate attorney to be based in Seattle to support Chef’s commercial relationships with its customers.
This person will report directly to our VP of Legal.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Counseling the Chef business on a broad range of commercial, licensing, technology, and regulatory issues
- Working directly with the business on structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions
- Provide counsel on strategic deals, provide day-to-day advice, and consult on issues that arise in existing commercial relationships. structuring, drafting and negotiating technology, licensing, marketing, vendor and other commercial agreements
- Provide ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal and commercial areas, including intellectual property, professional services, contractual compliance and operational matters
- Own legal administrative tasks such as management of outside counsel invoices, contract review process improvement, and processing legal review requests from the field
You must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, ambitious, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged. You must love being a team player.
- 5 + years legal experience - including both experience in house counsel with transactional skills in software licensing, technology, or commercial transactions, along with law firm experience in a top national or international law firm
- Juris Doctor (JD) and admitted to at least 1 state bar
- Willing to work in Chef’s Seattle office
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
- Ownership of tasks at all levels of sophistication – from administrative to strategic
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work with new technologies
- Experience with open source licensing
- Experience with patent portfolios
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.