Software Development Engineer - Solutions and Content
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We are passionate about our work, while also respecting our work/life mix and ensuring we treat both with the respect they deserve. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals with strong attitudes and aptitudes will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technologies and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practice. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and run with our code.
The Solutions Engineering team is a fast moving and highly technical group responsible for designing and building the right product integrations with our ecosystem partners. We ensure our solutions are fully loaded and ready to use by our customers, with all the content and configuration needed to securely deploy their applications into production environments on a continual basis using our integrated lifecycle management solutions.
Who you are:
- You’ll have software development skills, with experience in at least one general purpose language such as Ruby, Python, Go, C#, C++ or Java
- Expertise with Linux and Windows operations and networking
- You can demonstrate deep knowledge in at least one language or technology stack
- Previous experience (2+ years) as a software engineer, test automation engineer or operations engineer
- You’ll like to dive in, learn new things, and want to build awesome products
- You’ll enjoy collaborating closely with Chef customers, partners and internal engineering teams to understand their complex issues, solve their problems and elicit frequent feedback on the solutions you provide
- You believe quality is part of the process and not an afterthought - we are well rounded engineers, not developers who handoff to QA
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience, is required
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of compliance profiles created for InSpec and building out the code auto-generation and test platform that generates these profiles
- Develop, maintain and enhance our Habitat Core Plans and review community submitted plans
- Create integrations for InSpec with new and existing infrastructure providers
- Create tooling around our Habitat Application Automation product to ensure customers can benefit from the entire application pipeline as quickly as possible
- Advocate and support improvements to our APIs and improvements with core development processes and integrations with our partners
- Work on issues and improvements in our tools critical to the success of Chef’s customers and the broader Chef community
The above is a longer term mixture of the work types we carry out in the team, we’ll graduate and rotate engineers through the various roles to give them experience across the spectrum of technologies and ensure they become well rounded and capable Chefs.
Work isn’t just about work though. We offer competitive salaries, equity, fantastic benefits, and flexible hours. You’ll also get to work with some of the most down to earth, driven, intelligent and well read engineers in the industry!
If this sounds like a team you’d enjoy working with and technology you want to spend time on, for a product you can get behind, get in touch!
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.