Pre-Sales Engineer / Solutions Architect - Federal
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and ran with our code.
The position will be located in the Washington DC area will work remotely and travel as needed.
- Delivering a great product demonstration which tells a story of how our software contributes value to our customer
- Representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in enterprise computing, infrastructure, and cloud computing provider industries
- Acts in conjunction with the sales team to help qualify sales opportunities and determine sales motions within an account
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Able to travel throughout sales territory without restriction and frequently on short notice
- Holds Top Secret eligible clearance for access to Federal agencies
- Demonstrated experience & knowledge with, one or more, cloud platform. This includes, but not limited to: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, GCP or VMware
- Practical knowledge of DevOps principles and practices
- CI/CD tooling experience a plus
- Recent hands on experience in systems engineering/administration and/or software development
- Understanding of configuration management tools and principles
- Ability to work directly with customers and a commitment to their success
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence
- Experience and familiarity of Chef’s products a huge plus
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.