- The knife boostrap command's
--max-waitno longer fails when connecting over WinRM
Chef InSpec has been updated from 4.49.0 to 4.50.3 which adds Windows support to the http resource.
Chef Infra Client 17.8.25
Chef Infra Client has been updated from 17.7.29 to 17.8.25. This new release includes Compliance Phase improvements along with a large number of resource improvements and fixes. See the Chef Infra Client 17.8.25 Release Notes for complete details on what's new in this version.
Chef Vault 4.1.5
Chef Vault has been updated to 4.1.5 to resolve issues where no results would be shown with the chef-vault` CLI.
Cookstyle has been updated from 7.25.9 to 7.25.10. This new release updates the RuboCop engine used by Cookstyle to resolve a number of false positives and improve detection and autocorrection.
Test Kitchen has been updated from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2 and kitchen-ec2, kitchen-vagrant, kitchen-vcenter, and kitchen-dokken.
- Resolved failures using the
multiple_convergeconfig option when testing Windows systems. Thanks for this fix @tecracer-theinen!
- Resolved failures cloning a VM without a network interface in the kitchen-vcenter driver. Thanks for this fix @tecracer-theinen!
- Resolved output formatting issues when running the
- Resolved deprecation warnings in the kitchen-aws driver.
- Support for testing cookbooks that use the
compliancedirectory introduced in Chef Infra Client 17.5.
- Added support for private Docker registries in the kitchen-dokken driver.
- Adds the ability to set
use_cached_chef_clientin the kitchen-vagrant driver to enable caching of Chef Infra Client packages on vagrant boxes not produced by Chef. Thanks for this improvement @gaelik!
The Chef CLI has seen significant performance improvements.
macOS 10.14 Package Removal
With the release of macOS 12, our N-2 macOS release policy now includes macOS 12, 11, and 10.15. macOS 10.14 packages will no longer be produced.
Ruby has been updated from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 to resolve the following CVEs: