Chef Workstation: One Click Away from Everything
Everything You Need to Create and Test Policy-Based Configuration Management Automation
Chef Workstation launched in 2018 and is the replacement for ChefDK which was deprecated at the end of 2020. Chef Workstation gives users all the tools they need to get started with Chef all in one easy-to-install package. Users can execute ad-hoc remote configuration tasks, perform remote scanning, create cookbooks, test software and dependencies and much more. Chef Workstation provides a local developer experience and can be run on Linux, Mac laptops, or Windows systems.
Chef Workstation includes:
- Chef Tools: Chef Infra Client, Chef Inspect and Chef Habitat
- Chef Language: Pre-built resources for managing systems as well as helpers to make authoring and distributing cookbooks easy
- Testing and Upgrade Tools: Test Kitchen, Chef Cookstyle and Chef Upgrade Lab
This event is must for anyone still using Chef DK and or looking to get a better understanding of the full capabilities of Chef Workstation.
Check out the on-demand webinar to learn about:
- What you can do with Chef Workstation
- Benefits of using Chef Workstation over Chef DK
- What's new with Chef Workstation
Watch On-Demand now!
Senior Developer Advocate, Chef