Test Driven Development with Chef Workstation
Learn you to continuously deliver validated infrastructure by applying the core principles of TDD.
Test Driven Development (TDD) is a development practice in which small tests to verify the behavior of a piece of code are written before the code itself. The tests initially fail, and the aim of the developer(s) is then to add code to make them succeed. Enabling TDD requires:
- A development environment that can provide rapid response to small changes
- Designs that consist of highly cohesive, loosely coupled components
- DevTest environments that can be built fast and run tests fast (they have short setups, run times, and breakdowns)
- The ability to run test in isolation
During this webinar we’ll talk about how the principles of TDD can be applied to infrastructure and compliance automation using Chef Workstation. This will include an overview of how TDD for infrastructure as code varies from testing apps and how policy can be used as the foundations for infrastructure testing.
Check out our on-demand webinar to learn about:
- How to apply TDD principles to the delivery of infrastructure and compliance policies
- Chef’s approach to TDD using Chef Workstation and Test Kitchen
- How Test Kitchen can be used along with Dokken and AWS
Watch On-Demand now!
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Technical Product Marketing Manager