We work hard to create a climate where people are motivated to do and be their very best. As such, ChefConf is dedicated to providing an inclusive harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expressions, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion or lack thereof.
We welcome all to our conference and want everyone to feel safe and comfortable. To that end, we do not tolerate harassment of conference attendees, speakers, sponsors and any others involved in any form.
In the word of author Henry James, “Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.”
Keeping it Respectful
To maintain a conference atmosphere where everyone feels welcome, ChefConf condemns the following (but not limited to) inappropriate and unacceptable:
- Verbal or written comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age and religion.
- Sexual references/imagery in chat or in person.
- Sexism through gendered pronouns.
- Deliberate intimidation or stalking.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
If you see a Code of Conduct violation, please follow these steps:
- Let the person know that what they did is not appropriate and ask them to stop.
- That person should immediately stop the behavior and correct the issue.
- If this does not happen or if you are uncomfortable speaking up, please contact conference staff as soon as possible.
- ChefConf conference staff will ensure your safety and maintain desired privacy.
- ChefConf conference staff members will take immediately corrective actions against Code of Conduct violators.
- Conference participants violating the code of conduct may be sanctioned or blocked from the conference at the discretion of the ChefConf and Progress360 organizers.
To report of a Code of Conduct violation, please notify a member of the ChefConf or Progress360 staff or email Chefconf@chef.io