Habitat Builder support for Amazon EC2 eases cloud transition for global enterprises
SEATTLE — November 16, 2017 — Chef, the leader in Continuous Automation, today announced new capabilities designed to further accelerate enterprise adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by addressing users’ compliance and containerized application lifecycle control concerns. Building on AWS OpsWorks for Chef Automate announced in 2016, new functionality includes Chef Automate with integrated compliance.
“As enterprises accelerate their migration to the cloud, working with DevOps leaders like Chef is crucial,” said Scott Wiltamuth, Vice President of AWS Dev and Management Tools, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “Chef is providing valuable on-ramps for enterprise customers who are migrating workloads from on-premises data centers to AWS. We are pleased to see Chef’s compliance-as-code capabilities as part of AWS OpsWorks for Chef Automate.”
“When AWS launched OpsWorks with Chef Automate we immediately jumped on that,” said Eric Schneider, CTO of Verisk. “It is one less component that we had to worry about. The experts at Chef and AWS are worrying about it for us, and that allows us to focus what is important for us and our customers.”
OpsWorks for Chef Automate provides a fully-managed Chef server and suite of automation tools. These tools give users workflow automation for continuous deployment and automated testing for compliance and security, along with a user interface for visibility into nodes and their status. OpsWorks for Chef Automate is completely compatible with tooling and cookbooks from the Chef community and automatically registers new nodes with users’ Chef servers.
New capabilities announced today:
- Application teams can now package applications with Habitat Builder and output them natively to EC2 Container Registry (Amazon ECR). This enables easy application automation and workload migration to Amazon EC2 Container Service (ECS).
- Amazon OpsWorks for Chef Automate now includes the latest capabilities of Chef Automate, providing a compliance-as-code solution. This enables customers to scan their entire infrastructure for security risks and compliance issues, generate reports classified by severity and impact levels and build automated testing into their deployment pipelines.
- Chef is now a member of the AWS Public Sector Partner Program, and Chef Automate is now available in the AWS GovCloud Marketplace and AWS Marketplace for the U.S. Intelligence Community.
“Chef and AWS share a commitment to give users the most complete automation capabilities, whether they are migrating workloads to AWS, operating those workloads or building new cloud native applications,” said Chef CEO Barry Crist. “We share a commitment to enable organizations to deliver software faster, more efficiently and with less risks. We look forward to building on our collaboration at AWS re:Invent 2017, and to continuing to address our mutual customers most pressing infrastructure and application needs.”
For a demonstration of these new capabilities please visit booth number 224 at AWS re:Invent, being held in Las Vegas November 27 – December 1.
For further information:
- AWS OpsWorks for Chef Automate
- Chef/AWS Integrations Overview
- Continuous Automation Overview
- Chef and Cloud Native Support
Chef is the leader in Continuous Automation software, an innovator in cloud native operations and one of the founders of the DevOps movement. Chef works with more than a thousand of the most innovative companies around the world to deliver their vision of digital transformation, providing the practices and platform to deliver software at speed. Chef Automate is Chef’s Continuous Automation Platform which is powered by an awesome community and open source software engines: Chef for infrastructure, Habitat for cloud native operations and InSpec for compliance. For more visit https://www.chef.io.
# # #
+1 408 516 6182