Chef Automate, Chef’s Continuous Automation solution is tightly integrated with Amazon Web Services (AWS). If you’re using AWS now, Chef gives you a single, unified way to automate AWS services and resources. If you’re thinking of using AWS, Chef will help you migrate your workloads at your own pace, and with complete control. Together with AWS, Chef helps customers tackle risk and compliance barriers blocking cloud migration.
Deploy and manage Chef Automate Easily in the cloud
AWS Opswork for Chef Automate
AWS OpsWorks for Chef Automate provides a fully managed instance of Chef Automate. Included is a suite of automation tools that give you workflow automation for continuous deployment, automated testing for compliance, and security with a user interface that gives you visibility into your nodes and their status.
- Chef Automate includes multiple views for compliance reporting supporting industry benchmarks such as PCI or HIPAA.
- The Chef Automate instance gives you full stack automation by handling operational tasks such as software and operating system configurations, package installations, database setups, and more.
- AWS OpsWorks for Chef Automate (OWCA) provides a fully-managed Chef Automate instance that you can use to manage both AWS EC2 instances and data center servers.
Chef Automate in AWS Marketplace or Your Self-hosted Environment
Chef Automate, Chef’s continuous automation solution AMI provides flexible consumption-based hourly billing and enables one-click use through your AWS account.
- Your first 10 nodes are managed for free.
- Get all the benefits of Chef Automate in an easy to deploy model that lets you manage your upgrade and backup strategy.
- With Chef Automate compliance is code. Now you can programmatically determine the when you are failing to meet industry benchmarks like PCI or HIPAA.
- Get customer support directly from Chef Software.
How Automate Helps Manage Your AWS Environment
- Package infrastructure and app configuration as code
- Continuously automate infrastructure and app updates
- Define and execute standard workflows and automation
- Audit and measure effectiveness of automation
- Define compliance rules as code
- Deliver continuous compliance as part of standard workflow
Benefits of Using Chef with AWS
Acceleration to the Cloud
Do you want to take advantage of the cloud and move your workloads to AWS? Chef makes your adoption path not just smooth, but fast. Take advantage of Chef’s expertise and use existing Chef recipes to configure and manage AWS resources and services. Migrate workloads quickly, consistently and at a pace that suits your business needs.
Standardization of Environments
With Chef, you can guarantee consistency from one environment to the next, even in the dynamic world of the cloud. If your organization is actively building software using AWS today or running production workloads there, Chef can help. Use Chef to standardize your cloud and data center environments to create a smooth workflow where your Dev and Ops teams can build, deploy and manage workloads quickly, reducing time to market.
AWS OpsWorks for Chef Automate is one of the most awesome services Amazon has. ….. It’s very easy to hand it to our team in India (and say, ‘guys, build another one.’). They’re able to package everything together and deliver it to the business without any previous experience with Chef.
Cloud Architect, Verisk