We are happy to announce a new ChefDK, version 0.12.0, has landed in the stable channel and is available for download on the Get Chef downloads site.
There has not been much in the way of updates to the DK itself, but there have been updates to several of the dependent packages we bundle.
Here is a summary of key updates:
- chef – updated to 12.8.1
- ohai – updated to 8.12.1
- inspec – updated to 0.15.0
- kitchen-inspec – updated to 0.12.13
- berkshelf – updated to 4.3.0
- test-kitchen – updated to 1.6.0
- knife-windows – updated to 1.4.0
- foodcritic – updated, 6.0.1
- openssl – updated to 1.0.1s
- chefspec – updated 4.6.0
- winrm-fs – new dependency 0.3.2
Most noteworthy is:
- The latest Chef client 12.8.1
- Berkshelf 4.3.0 sporting a universe endpoint for chef server
- Test-Kitchen 1.6.0 fixing WinRM authorization issues with the kitchen-inspec verifier
- Knife-Windows 1.4.0 with enhancements to the SSL transport and the ability to bootstrap nodes with the new 64 bit Chef client
Have a look at the changelog and release notes for further details.