New Quickstarts Feature and Enterprise-Class Service Level Agreement with Support Provide Instant Access to Dynamically Scalable, Fully Managed Cloud Infrastructure Automation
SEATTLE, Wash – June 14, 2011 Opscode, Inc., the leader in cloud infrastructure automation, today at the O’Reilly Velocity Conference in Santa Clara, Calif., announced general availability of Opscode Hosted Chef™, formerly the Opscode Platform. Hosted Chef enables instant access to a highly available, dynamically scalable, fully managed and supported automation environment. Hosted Chef releases with new features such as the first service level agreement (SLA) for cloud infrastructure automation, Quickstarts for easy automation of common application stacks running on the Rackspace Cloud and Amazon EC2, and enhanced enterprise level services and support.
“Thousands of companies have been successfully automating their businesses with Opscode’s Hosted Chef and we are proud to deliver the industry’s first SLA, relentlessly focused on providing 24/7 customer support and the ability to immediately deploy common web applications stacks in the cloud,” said Adam Jacob, co-founder and chief product officer of Opscode.
Opscode Unleashes New Capabilities, Enterprise Class Service and support
Opscode today introduced the first of a series of Quickstarts, creating live infrastructure in real time, utilizing best practices for common application deployments. The first two Quickstarts automate deployments of Java Tomcat and Ruby on Rails for the Rackspace Cloud and Amazon EC2.
Opscode is the first vendor to provide an SLA for cloud infrastructure automation. The SLA includes a 99.9 percent monthly uptime guarantee with a service credit and is available to all Opscode Hosted Chef customers. In addition to the SLA, Opscode customers can now purchase enterprise level support with up to 24/7 committed service and response times. In addition to its support offerings, Opscode’s professional services team provides consulting for a wide variety of automation scenarios, from automating application deployment to securing systems and implementing monitoring and metrics solutions.
Opscode Hosted Chef Makes Server Deployment and Scaling Manageable
No matter how complex your business, Hosted Chef makes it easy to deploy servers and scale applications throughout your entire infrastructure.
Opscode’s new Hosted Chef provides the following capabilities:
- Accelerate Deployment and Configuration Management — Hosted Chef gives IT managers the power to radically accelerate deployment and configuration management, so they can hit the ground running. This process delivers immediate business value rather than requiring IT managers to spend weeks figuring out how to make automation function.
- Scalability Made Simple — Hosted Chef features a write-once-run-anywhere DNA that makes scalability simple. IT managers simply bring the server online — from five to 50,000 servers in public or private clouds — and, Hosted Chef automatically makes the necessary updates.
- Achieve Immediate Infrastructure Awareness — With Hosted Chef, IT managers are able to dynamically query data within “recipes” to configure complex services like discovering master MySQL servers, Nagios or finding all the memcached servers in a cluster. The necessary data is indexed and made searchable within Hosted Chef, allowing complex problems to be solved with simple, smart code.
- Enhanced Access and Data Encryption — Hosted Chef provides centrally controlled, role-based access and data encryption, which gives IT managers control over who can see information and when it’s available. In addition, Hosted Chef is flexible enough to adapt to the most specific security environments.
- Open-Source — Opscode is a part of a vibrant open-source community of more than 350 people and 75 different companies that are constantly iterating on and improving Chef. IT managers can rest assured that if complex problems arise, the community is there to help solve them.
- Full Automation Capability — Use Hosted Chef to create perfect clones of any environment: quality assurance, pre-production, partner-preview and more. Once automated, you retain a blueprint of the infrastructure, allowing you to build, or rebuild, automatically in minutes or hours — not weeks or months.
For more information about Opscode and Hosted Chef, please visit www.opscode.com and www.opscode.com/hosted-chef.
Opscode is the leader in cloud infrastructure automation. We help companies of all sizes develop fully automated server infrastructures that scale easily and predictably; can be quickly rebuilt in any environment, and save developers and systems engineers time and money.
Our team is comprised of web infrastructure experts responsible for building and operating some of the world’s largest websites and cloud computing platforms. Opscode is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, USA.