Opscode will be blowing into the Windy City in February for two great events.
Join Opscode and Promet Source on Monday, February 11 at 5:00 PM for a night of learning, demos, and Chef 11 roadmap discussion.
The night will include:
zero-to-Drupal Application with Chef – an introduction to Chef and walkthrough of setting up Chef to deploy and manage a basic Drupal application.
Automation at Promet – A look at how Promet Source is automating the development and delivery of their products and services.
What’s New in Chef 11 – Chef 11 is the next major release of the automation framework. We’ll explore some of the architectural changes and new features in Chef 11.
Opscode Technical Community Manager, Nathen Harvey, will be on hand and joined by developers from Promet Soure. Come ready to learn more about Chef, do some networking, and find your next step on the path to automation.
Continue your learning on Tuesday, February 12th during a Chef Introductory Workshop.
This Chef Introductory Workshop is a hands on training class for getting familiar with Chef for performing common automation tasks. By the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Set up a local workstation with Chef and connect to a Chef Server.
- Describe the steps performed during a chef-client run
- Describe Chef’s Authentication Cycle
- Build Chef roles using the Ruby DSL
- Manipulate configuration through data in attributes
- Use Chef’s search API for dynamic configuration
- List a number of additional resources that are available for help
Early bird pricing for this workshop ends February 5th. Get your tickets today!