Today we’ve released Chef Client 11.16.0 and Ohai 7.4.0. The releases contain the following changes:
Chef Client 11.16.0
- MacOS: Fix dscl user provider to be able to manage home and password at the same time
- Support for PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) on Windows
- Update to OpenSSL 1.0.0n on Windows and 1.0.1i on all other platforms
- Ohai PowerShell plugin
OpenSSL Security Update
This release includes OpenSSL 1.0.1i (1.0.0n on Windows) in response to the 2014-08-06 OpenSSL Security Advisory. You should update to this version if these vulnerabilities affect you.
Special thanks to Jesse Hu for bringing to our attention that the last release of the client didn’t get the updates. Jesse, you’re this release’s MVP for watching out for all of us.
Our thanks go out to:
- Phil Dibowitz for reporting the MacOS user provider issue.
- The PowerShell team at Microsoft for delivering the DSC platform on Windows, a great foundation on for Chef on Windows.
See GitHub for full details on changes in Chef Client 11.16.0 and Ohai 7.4.0:
Installing Chef Client 11.16.0
You can install Chef Client 11.16.0 via script on non-windows platforms:
curl -L https://www.getchef.com/chef/install.sh | sudo bash -s -- -v 11.16.0
For Windows, you can download the release using this link:
If you encounter problems with the release, please file an issue at GitHub.