Today we have released a new version of Chef Client 12.0.3 which includes more bug fixes around Chef Client 11 to Chef Client 12 migration. We needed to skip version 12.0.2 since we have discovered an issue after building before releasing our final packages.
Here are the list of changes that are included in this release:
* Issue 2578 Check that `installed` is not empty for `keg_only` formula in Homebrew provider
* Issue 2609 Resolve the circular dependency between ProviderResolver and Resource.
* Issue 2596 Fix nodes not writing to disk
* Issue 2625 Fix missing `shell_out!` for `windows_package` resource
* Issue 2580 Make sure the relative paths are preserved when using link resource.
* Pull 2630 Improve knife’s SSL error messaging
* Issue 2602 Fix `subscribes` resource notifications.
* Issue 2606 chef 12 ignores default\_release for apt\_package
Issue 2634 Fix `option ‘:command’ is not a valid option` error in subversion provider.
* **Seth Vargo**:
Issue 2345 Allow knife to install cookbooks with metadata.json.
Issue 2625 Fix missing `shell_out!` for `windows_package` resource
## How to get it?
You can visit our download page.
Additionally you can use this command to download the latest version of the Chef Client on platforms other than windows:
curl -L https://www.getchef.com/chef/install.sh | sudo bash -s — -v 12.0.3
For Windows, you can download this version using this link: Chef Client 12.0.3
## Important Links