By popular demand, I will run a second free Webex training session where I introduce Chef and show how to set up your organization on the Opscode Platform this Wednesday. Then on Thursday, John Willis will demonstrate an awesome, lightweight approach for user management with Chef. Sign up for both and cater to/for your Infrastructure by the weekend!
We’ll look at a simple example cookbook and talk about some of the components used, as well as how to manage cookbooks as source code for your systems infrastructure. It will run about an hour, including time at the end for questions.
- Date: Wednesday, September 15, 2010
- Time: 9:00 am PDT, 16:00 GMT
- Instructor: Aaron Peterson, Sr. Technical Evangelist
Come one come all! Watch the fun as John Willis shows off the magic and power of the Opscode Chef Platform with a data-driven recipe to manage users across systems. This will be a high-level rundown of the techniques and Chef components used, and a great example of what you can do with data bags, a generic data store built and accessed through the Chef server.
- Date: Thursday, September 16, 2010
- Time: 10:00 am PDT, 17:00 GMT
- Instructor: John Willis, VP of Training, Services, and Evangelism