Learn an end-to-end infrastructure deployment process using Terraform to launch infrastructure, Chef to configure that infrastructure and Docker containers to deploy services. You will also learn a solid introduction to AWS networking so you can confidently know your IGW from your RTA without embarrassing your VPC, as well as how to use the AWS CLI.
Infrastructure Platform: AWS Cloud
- Installing and using the AWS CLI (Command Line Interface)
- AWS Networking
- VPC's (Virtual Private Clouds)
- Internet Gateways
- Route Tables
- Route Table Associations
- Creating AWS Networking Components
- Launching VMs in AWS Cloud
Infrastructure Deployment: Terraform
- Intro to Terraform
- Creating cloud buckets for storage
- Separating code: Multiple Terraform configuration files
- Storing state remotely
- Git branching
- Displaying resource outputs
- Creating cloud networking components with Terraform
- Configuring cloud Security groups
- Using SSH Public/Private Keys with Terraform
- Launching and Destroying cloud VM instances with Terraform
- Creating reusable code with modules
- Using Terraform variables
Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD): Jenkins
- Automated configuration management code testing using CI/CD
- Automated infrastructure code testing using CI/CD
- Automated containerization code testing using CI/CD
Configuration Management: Terraform with Chef
- Chef Provisioners in Terraform
- Integrating Terraform-managed instances with Chef Infra Server
- Launching multi-tiered architectures with Terraform and Chef
- Integrating CI/CD with Slack
- Using Slack for CI/CD approvals and notifications
- Purpose and use case for Docker
- Docker Hub
- Basic Docker commands
- Docker Networking
- Launching and debugging NGINX containers
- Mounting Volumes to containers
- Docker mount points: Multiple containers, one shared code location
- Launching Docker hosts and Docker containers automatically
- Port mapping with containers
- Launching multi-tiered architectures: an automated approach
- Customizing containers with Docker Hub and Dockerfiles
- Reducing infrastructure bloat: Buster-Slim Docker containers
- Kubernetes (K8S) overview and use case
- K8S architecture
- Installation and configuration
- Master and node server components
- Creating K8S load-balanced clusters
- Deploying Apps with K8S
- Scaling Apps
- K8S monitoring and App repair
- Updating Apps with K8S
I don't usually like online training, but this training was great and Eric is really good, well-organized, and in control. The way he engaged each participants is amazing, and how he troubleshoot issues.
Class was excellent, and the Instructor was even better! Robin Beck is the best!
The lab setups are excellent and allow the class to focus on the training objectives. It was a great way to get hands on experience with Compliance in one day.
This was the best training class I've taken. It was online using Zoom, it was super easy to share code and collaborate. The instructor kept everything going at a perfect pace and his knowledge and expertise on the topic was evident. 22 years of training in my career and this was hands down the best class I've taken. Better than classroom training. Looking forward to more!
This was the best course I've ever taken. The instructor was just GREAT!
It was great.
Robin Beck provided an excellent training: he was very knowledgeable and held a very comprehensive two day training session!
this is a great class, with great content and mentor
Excellent information presented by an experienced practitioner and an excellent presenter.
Even though I've been using Chef for three years, I found this class immensely useful; not only did it allow me to examine and compare my current practices to those presented in the training, but I learned several new techniques for using Chef tools.
I will recommend this class to my organization as one of the more complete solutions to on boarding new Chef users.
I was sad to have the training end! The personalized attention from the instructor was priceless. Chef made sense and I LOVED it! Every question and problem were solved and explained. Truly craft masters of Chef, take this and be ready to be amazed. I'm applying what I learned the next week after the course. Thank you CHEF!