Are scripts slowing down System Admins? Codify your fleet instead!
Simplify device management with code
Most IT teams write scripts to get around fleet management tasks that are time-consuming, need customizations, or are not available out-of-the-box from an Mobile Device Management (MDM) tool. Automating specific endpoint management workflows also requires scripting.
Scripting, however, could pose challenges:
- Scripts do not work consistently
- Scripts could behave differently when run from terminal and through MDMs
- Debugging scripts is not easy
- Maintaining scripts for a large fleet is not optimal
- They can be lengthy and may have to run repetitively when the same task needs to be executed across multiple platforms
- Scripts need to be well-tested before deploying
- IT teams could be running some scripts out of the box, untracked
Chef Desktop can be used to describe the state of your endpoints. Any changes to the code can be well tested before deployment. Extending Chef Desktop to manage your endpoints lets you set up an SDLC process that audits changes and makes maintenance easier. It enables IT teams to be more productive by getting things done faster.
Join us on Wednesday October 27th at 10:00 AM PT to learn about:
- Challenges with scripting that professionals face while managing devices
- How you can avoid repetitive scripting by configuring endpoints with reviewable code
- Recommendation on implementing this approach in your organizations
Watch On-Demand now!
Senior Product Marketing Manager, Chef Desktop
Associate Product Manager, Chef Desktop