Open Cloud Leader Bakes Enterprise Chef into New DevOps Service, Empowering Users to Easily Deploy and Scale Applications
SEATTLE – April 14, 2014 – In advance of #ChefConf 2014,Chef, the leader in IT automation, today announced that Rackspace (NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, is using Enterprise Chef for its DevOps Service. Rackspace DevOps Automation Service helps developers and IT operations teams automate the scaling of hybrid cloud infrastructure and the speedy deployment of fast-growing applications. As part of this service, Rackspace now offers Enterprise Chef as the automation platform for managing both your infrastructure and applications.
As enterprises today look for innovative ways to keep pace with the demands of customers, many turn to IT automation to continuously build, test and deploy new features and applications. The Rackspace DevOps Automation Service enables developers and IT departments to accelerate time-to-market by allowing them to deploy, test, and scale new configurations in minutes rather than days. Rackspace customers can use Enterprise Chef to automate the creation of development, staging, and production environments in Rackspace’s open, hybrid cloud. Enterprise Chef provides a shared repository of code for automating resources and applications. With it, development and operations teams can collaborate and move at the speed of customer demand.
Rackspace using Enterprise Chef as part of its DevOps Automation Service is an important benchmark for IT automation:
– Enterprise Chef sets the standard for cloud automation: Enterprise Chef allows you to interact with the Rackspace cloud, OpenStack, and PaaS environments via the knife command line, making it an ideal automation platform for cloud infrastructures. Enterprise Chef can scale to accommodate up to10,000 nodes under the management of a single Enterprise Chef server, which maximizes resource performance and investment for any cloud deployment.
– Empowering developers is critical: As IT becomes the critical route to market in every industry, fast deployment of applications must be IT’s highest priority. Enterprise Chef provides IT operations and development teams with an automation platform capable of improving collaboration and accelerating software delivery.
– Chef is building a new generation of IT skills: Chef and Rackspace both recognize that there is a gap between current IT skills and the skills demanded by the widespread adoption of large-scale compute infrastructures and their associated complexity. By providing tools and services that help develop new automation and collaboration skills, Chef and Rackspace are helping IT pros build better infrastructures, applications and careers.
“Enterprise Chef is an important part of our DevOps Automation Service, which is comprised of the same tools and best-practices that enabled us to push code to production in our public cloud more than 2,500 times last year. Working with Chef, we’re providing these same capabilities to customers so they can increase business velocity by leveraging our specialized expertise and creating new skill sets within their own organizations.”
– John Engates, chief technology officer, Rackspace
“Rackspace shares our vision of an empowered IT workforce using DevOps strategies and automation technology to create delightful customer experiences. By making Enterprise Chef a core pillar of their DevOps Service, Rackspace is delivering on this vision and helping validate Enterprise Chef as the standard for automation in the cloud.”
– Ken Cheney, vice president of business development, Chef
- Get started with Chef
- Learn more about Enterprise Chef
- Follow Chef on Twitter @chef
- Join us at ChefConf 2014