We’ve just released Chef Client 12.4.1. This release fixes regressions that were in Chef Client 12.4.0. I’ve listed the changes that below:
* #3605 Rework `Resource#action` to match 12.3 API
* #3586 Fix bug preventing light weight resources from being used with heavy weight providers
* #3593 Fix bug where provider priority map did not take into consideration a provided block
* #3630 Restore Chef::User and Chef::ApiClient namespace to API V0 functionality and move new functionality into Chef::UserV1 and Chef::ApiClientV1 until Chef 13.
* #3611 Call `provides?` even if `provides` is not called
* #3589 Fix errant bashisms
* #3620 Fix issue where recipe names in run list mutate when version constaints are present
* #3623 Allow LWRPs to access the real class when accessed through `Chef::Resource` and `Chef::Provider`
* #3627 Separate priority map and DSL handler map so that `provides` has veto power over priority
* #3638 Deprecate passing more than 1 argument to create a resource
# How do I get it?
You can visit our download page.
Additionally you can use this command to download the latest version of the Chef Client on platforms other than windows:
curl -L https://www.chef.io/chef/install.sh | sudo bash -s -\- -v 12.4.1
For Windows, you can download this version using this link: Chef Client 12.4.1
# Get Help
If you run into any issues with this release, please file an issue on Github or drop an email on our chef and chef-dev mailing lists.