Company Joins with 3Scale, Alert Logic, CloudPassage, Dynatrace, Infoblox, NetApp, Sumo Logic, and More to Deliver Verified Partner Code for Automating Cloud Resources, Servers, and Storage Solutions with Chef
SEATTLE – February 23, 2016 – Chef, the leader in automation for DevOps, today announced its new Partner Cookbook Program, setting a new standard in code quality for automating everything from applications to storage resources. 3Scale, Alert Logic, CloudPassage, Dynatrace, Infoblox, NetApp, and others have joined Chef in open-sourcing proven Cookbooks to the Chef community. The first collection of Partner Cookbooks are now available for download through the Chef Supermarket, with many more currently in development.
“In the new data-powered digital era, developers need to move faster than ever before. With NetApp data management orchestrated with fully validated Chef cookbooks, they can deliver superior quality code at an accelerated pace on-premises as well as in the cloud.” – Tim Russell, Vice President, Product Management at NetApp.
“As DevOps goes mainstream, the big question on the minds of enterprise IT leaders is ‘how?’ ‘How do we drive development velocity and reduce risk?’ We’re thankful to all the industry leaders and innovators joining us in answering that question with battle-tested code for automating mission-critical operations.” – Ken Cheney, Vice President of Business Development at Chef.
The Chef Partner Cookbook Program guides partners through Chef’s best practices for Cookbook creation and maintenance, so users can trust the code that they deploy is high-quality and proven in the toughest enterprise IT environments. All Chef Partner Cookbooks have undergone a rigorous review and validation process, including:
- Followed the guidelines and best practices listed in the Partner Cookbook Program GitHub repository.
- Reviewed and revised Cookbooks in collaboration with Chef Partner Engineering to ensure the highest code standards.
- Committed to supporting and maintaining the Cookbooks on an ongoing basis, so code will always be up-to-date and fully integrated with future versions of the Chef platform.
Partners interested in building and submitting their own cookbooks to this program can go here for more information or contact Chef’s Partner Engineering at email@example.com.
- Learn more about Chef
- Explore partner cookbooks on Chef Supermarket
- Learn more about Chef’s Partner Ecosystem
- Follow Chef on Twitter @chef