Organizations are embracing remote work culture more than ever. The pandemic-induced digital transformation significantly accelerated this trend. Given this sudden shift, IT resources and teams need to deploy distributed work environments rapidly without compromising security.
So, how is the shift in remote work affecting the IT resources team’s functionality?
- Need for dynamic responses to cybersecurity vulnerabilities: Exposure to malware from shared bandwidth, USB devices coupled with limited physical access to these devices requires an active response to preventing and/or remediating the threat reliably, quickly, and safely.
- Focus on productivity: the reliance on time-consuming, repetitive, and costly manual processes that affect productivity will need to be identified and eliminated.
- Audits and compliance: Frequent auditing of remote desktops to ensure compliance with a plethora of strict regimes will necessitate the use of remote desktop management software that provides reporting on any defined periodicity.
As remote work becomes the standard, these challenges will continue to get more pronounced.
Organizations of all sizes need a comprehensive, automated solution that is dynamic and quickly resolves these issues.
Automated remote desktop management and compliance
Chef Desktop not onlycircumvents these challenges but offers IT Sysadmins the ability to administer remote desktops using human-readable code. Chef Desktop allows users to:
- Completely automate the configuration and management of IT resource through code
- Gain visibility into the current state of Windows, Linux, and macOS based Desktops
- Quickly create and deploy rules at scale
- Eliminate the manual dependencies, thereby increasing efficiency and productivity of IT teams
- Enforce regulatory policies at scale
- Ensure CIS benchmarks are met by continuously performing audits on the entire resource fleet
Chef Desktop includes a wide range of use cases, including:
- Establishing the entire onboarding process with a `Zero-touch enrollment policy.’
- One-touch software deployment and management of desktop/laptop fleet from a centralized location
- Customize rules as per specific requirements or use pre-existing Chef content
- Consolidated single-pane dashboard across platforms
If you are curious about getting started with Chef Desktop, check out our new remote desktop management software eBook: Distributed Work Environments Are the New Reality.