Welcome to Ohai version 0.4.0!
Your MVPs for this release are Mark Giammarco for adding SuSE support, and Jan Zimmek for adding ArchLinux support. Thanks, guys!
In addition, this version fixes a compatibility issue with the latest version of the JSON gem.
Also in this release:
- greenmoss added a fix for detecting the MAC address on Solaris, thereby fixing primary IP address detection.
- Bryan McLellan fixed some dependency issues.
- Matthew Kent fixed an issue where lack of a default gateway would cause no network information to be returned on Linux.
- Mathias Meyer added support for outputting the current contents of /etc/passwd and /etc/group.
- Ian Meyer added code to differentiate between CentOS, RedHat and Fedora.