Automated Configuration Management Enables Consistent Configurations at Scale
As managed environments grow, manual configuration and deployment practices can result in operational expenses growing at an alarming rate. With Chef Infra, infrastructure is defined as code, ensuring that configuration policy is flexible, versionable, testable, and human readable. Servers managed by Chef Infra are continuously evaluated against their desired state, ensuring that configuration drift is automatically corrected, and configuration changes are universally applied.
Continuous Automated Configuration
Make infrastructure configurations testable, portable, and auditable, giving teams the freedom to focus on building new innovations, rather than re-solving old problems.
Remove the drama from software patching by automating the validation and configuration of your infrastructure.
Continuously configure systems against a desired state and automate the process of managing configurations, ensuring that every system is configured correctly and consistently.
Today, every company is a software company. Software changes constantly. Don’t let cumbersome, manual infrastructure change management processes slow your company down. By automating infrastructure changes, achieve consistent, repeatable, and fast software delivery to any data center or cloud environment.
From Harsh Reality
- Environments grow in size and complexity, manual processes can become a barrier to deploying changes with confidence and consistency
- Systems are missed during software updates or scheduled maintenance leading to unpredictable configuration drift across your estate
- Unexpected and difficult to diagnose failures are uncovered late in the development cycle due to inconsistently configured environments between development and production
- Delayed releases, costly rollbacks, and too much time spent on unplanned work
To A Better Way
- Chef Infra automates the process of managing configurations, ensuring that every system is configured correctly and consistently
- Chef Infra applies updates dynamically, making conditional changes based on running environment or hardware
- Chef Infra ensures that the same code that configures development can be used all the way through to production
- Chef Infra makes infrastructure configurations testable, portable, and auditable
Ensure Standardized and Continuously Enforced Configurations
Confidence Through Testable Code
Manage Configurations by defining infrastructure as code making the process of managing configurations automated and testable.
Enforce Consistent Configuration
Per-deployment differences are accounted for dynamically, reducing duplicated effort between teams and environments, ensuring consistent configurations across the development lifecycle.
Repeatable Process to Eliminate Drift
Ensure configurations only change if a system diverges from the desired defined state. Automatically correct configuration drift, but take no action on properly configured systems.
Customizable Code for Extreme Flexibility
Use simple declarative definitions for common administrative tasks. Built for customizability, making it easily extended to support even the most unique environmental requirements.
Painless Migration and Management
Provides a single process to manage on-premises and cloud estates. Configure a variety of cloud-based SaaS services, and integrate cloud provisioning APIs as well as third-party software.
Eliminate Infrastructure Drift
Chef Infra’s built-in “test & repair” behavior means that systems can update their configurations continuously, and Chef Infra will only take action when machines diverge from their desired state. Chef Infra makes infrastructure configurations testable, portable, and auditable, giving teams the freedom to focus on building new innovations, rather than re-solving old problems.