Integration of Enterprise Chef with Windows PowerShell and Microsoft Azure Enables Developers to Automate Workloads and Accelerate Migration to the Azure Cloud
SEATTLE – April 3, 2014 – From the Microsoft Build Conference, Chef™, the leader in web-scale IT automation, today announced new Windows and Microsoft Azure automation capabilities, empowering developers to accelerate software and service delivery. Chef provides a single platform for automating Windows and Linux systems on-premise and in Azure. By delivering native integration with Windows PowerShell and the Azure portal, Chef enables Windows users to easily manage on-premises workloads and streamline migrations to Azure.
Chef also today announced that Microsoft Open Technologies has released its own collection of Chef Cookbooks, offering the Chef Community rock-solid code for automating the provisioning and management of compute and storage instances in Azure.
Microsoft Technical Fellow Mark Russinovich will deliver a keynote address at #ChefConf on April 16, detailing how Chef and Microsoft are empowering DevOps strategies in the enterprise. Register for #ChefConf here.
Chef gives developers the ability to configure, test and deploy Windows and Linux resources in minutes, empowering faster software delivery without manual management.
– Robust PowerShell Integration: PowerShell is now native to the Chef Client, making the Chef experience natural for Windows users. The deep integration of PowerShell and Chef makes automating Windows environments with Chef and migrating Windows environments to Azure as easy as running a simple PowerShell script.
– Chef Baked Into Azure: Chef is now supported in Azure for ease of configuration, automation and management of VM-based cloud infrastructure.
– Microsoft Releases Chef Cookbooks: Microsoft Open Technologies has published a collection of three Chef Cookbooks for configuring Azure Virtual Machines, helping customers reduce risk, management and development cycle times.
The combination of PowerShell integration, Chef support on Azure and new Microsoft Open Technologies’ Chef Cookbooks delivers a strong automation platform for any Windows environment.
“Microsoft is fully embracing DevOps by delivering technology that improves collaboration and speeds software development. Chef’s integration with Azure gives our customers great configuration and automation power for any Windows environment, allowing developers to focus on development as opposed to management. Microsoft and Chef are enabling streamlined migration to the cloud.”
– Corey Sanders, principal group program manager, Microsoft
“Windows is core to so many of our customers’ IT strategies and we’re all-in for creating a first-class Windows experience for Chefs everywhere. Now Chef users can have the same awesome experience automating both Windows and Linux, whether in the cloud or on-premise.”
– Adam Jacob, chief technology officer, Chef
- Get started with Chef
- Learn more about Enterprise Chef
- Follow Chef on Twitter @chef
- Join us at ChefConf 2014
We are Chef – the leader in IT automation. We give you a model for automating IT infrastructure and applications that drive self-reliance across your development and operations teams. We are the Chef community. We are tens of thousands strong. We are helping your businesses become faster, safer and more flexible, so you win in today’s 24×7 digital economy. Join our movement today. www.getchef.com