Progress® Chef® consistently tries to deliver improved customer experiences that are relevant and easy to use.
As a part of this endeavor, we are delighted to bring you a new user journey on the ‘Progress Chef Download portal. ‘
'Chef downloads' is where you will find the Chef software and any related content for setting up and managing infrastructure using Chef tools. This includes the Chef software, cookbooks, or other necessary components from official sources or repositories.
As of December 20, 2023, the download workflow has changed. You can now easily download the product based on your contract line item and use case.
So, what has changed?
The workflow to request the product trial will remain the same. However, the journey to download the product will change for existing customers.
If you are a new Chef user or an existing customer, go to the downloads page: https://www.chef.io/downloads.
New Chef Users:
If you want to try out any of Chef's products, click Free Trial under the For New Chef Users section and fill out all the relevant details. An internal team will contact you and take the process ahead.
- Click on 'Visit Customer Portal'
- Login with your ID
You should see all your active assets under the Product Downloads section.
Search and click for the product you want to download.
For example, if you want to download Chef InSpec.
- Click on the Asset Name.
- Review the Service Start and End date.
- Click on 'Download’ under 'Related Products & Downloads' section.
On clicking ‘Download,’ you will be shown another window:
- Select the software from the dropdown.
- Choose the appropriate version, Operating System, OS version and Architecture.
- Finally, click on 'Download'.
- This interface also gives you other download options. You can download the shell script to download Chef InSpec, which can be embedded into your existing code or run as a standalone program.
(The shell script will differ based on your chosen operating system and version.)
- The Chef Workstation is bundled with all the products with support for multiple versions and operating systems.
- Chef Manage and Chef Backend are bundled with the Chef Infra download.
Finally, there is also an option to download license activation instructions for activating the licensing key for InSpec. This option also comes with instructions on activating the license for AirGap infrastructure.
We hope that this new download journey serves you better. We hope this FAQ will answer any queries you might have. In case you have any further questions, please send us an email at: https://www.chef.io/contact-us.