A few months ago, we announced ChefConf 2016 would be in Austin, TX, May 9-11, at the beautiful JW Marriott hotel. Many of you in the community were excited about the location, which boasts tremendous culture, food, outdoor activity, nightlife, and more. Here at Chef, we’re also thrilled to make Austin the home of ChefConf – it’s just going to happen a little later in 2016.
Our fifth annual ChefConf will now be taking place July 11-13, 2016 (still at the JW Marriott).
- July’s birthstone is, wait for it, a ruby. We’re not making this up. And we all love Ruby right? Interestingly enough, the ruby symbolizes contentment. Need we say more?
- We didn’t want to scare our friends at Microsoft. Turns out their big user conference is taking place May 9-11. And since we love us some Microsoft, we wouldn’t feel right shading their shine, so we moved ChefConf back a bit.
- July 11, 2016, marks the 56th anniversary of the first transatlantic TV transmission. Coincidence? Hardly.
- Julius Caesar was born on July 12. We all love pizza, right? (Gluten-free and/or veggie, too, however you please)
- July 11 is also 7-11. You know, like winning rolls in craps? ChefConf 2016: Feelin’ Lucky?
- July starts the same day of the week as April each year, and this year’s ChefConf was in April, so that’s cool.
Worried about Texas heat? Fear not, comrades. During the day we’ll be inside enjoying perfectly regulated A/C as we talk DevOps, open source, continuous delivery, and share #hugops.
But here’s the best part. As the temp cools in the evenings we’ll gather for happy hours and evening parties in splendidly air-conditioned venues, or you can always enjoy time at the JW Marriott’s incredible rooftop pool, with gorgeous views of Austin.
[Image courtesy of the JW Marriot, Austin]
By now we can all agree these are the perfect dates for ChefConf. But why go to ChefConf at all?
Because ChefConf is the largest gathering of the awesome Chef community and the epicenter of DevOps. Whether you are new to the party or have been a Chef enthusiast for years, you’ll leave ChefConf with new skills, new #cheffriends, and at least a green belt, if not a black belt, in DevOps Kungfu.
Be on the look out for another post soon on all the awesomeness you’ll experience at ChefConf and why Austin is the coolest place to be next July.
In the meantime, let’s all reminisce about #unikitten.