Operational observability for every team in one place. Chef® Automate™ is an enterprise platform that allows developers, operations and security engineers to collaborate effortlessly on delivering application & infrastructure changes at the speed of business. Chef Automate provides actionable insights with enterprise scale and performance across multiple data centers and cloud providers.
A Single Source of Truth for All Environments.
Revitalize legacy applications by repackaging them, applying continuous delivery practices, and deploying them to cloud-native environments.
Detect and correct security issues before they go into production to reduce risk, increase speed, and improve efficiency.
Automated configuration management enables consistent configurations at scale ensuring configuration policy is flexible, versionable, testable, and human readable.
Effortless Infrastructure. Automatically.
Chef Automate provides a single dashboard and analytics for infrastructure automation, Chef Habitat for application automation, and Chef InSpec for security and compliance automation. Chef Automate measurably increases the ability to deliver software quickly, increasing speed and efficiency while decreasing risk.
From Limited Visibility
- Environments grow in size and complexity, manual processes can become a barrier to deploying changes with confidence and consistency
- Stakeholders often have completely different tools used to define and validate systems
- Monolithic application architectures make it difficult to effectively scale applications, and slow your ability to keep pace with the deployment velocity customers demand
- Organizations striving to modernize application design struggle with how to properly utilize emerging technologies, like containers
To DevOps Collaboration
- Automate the process of managing configurations, ensuring that every system is configured correctly and consistently
- Easy to learn, and human-readable language can be used across teams to ensure a unified understanding of your environments’ compliance
- Creates platform-independent build artifacts and provides built-in deployment and management capabilities
- Artifacts can be exported into immutable formats like Docker or Mesos to ensure applications can be deployed just as easily on servers or as containerized microservices
Operational Visibility for the Coded Enterprise
Real-Time Data Across the Estate
Filterable dashboards collecting configuration and compliance details for every datacenter, cloud provider, and environment managed in aggregated dashboards.
Collaborate Effortlessly Among Teams
Dev, Ops, Security, and Compliance teams who are responsible for delivering software safely and efficiently, share a consistent view of how environments are built and validated.
Powerful Auditing Capabilities
Create agentless compliance scans directly in the Web UI. Scan traditional servers, VMs, cloud environments, and SaaS solutions all in one place.
Intelligent Access Controls
Ensure the right teams have the right access using existing access control solutions (LDAP/SAML)
Built-In Compliance Assets
Leverage precreated profiles to validate software patches, system security, and evaluate against industry-standard frameworks such as CIS Benchmarks and DISA STIGs.
Actionable Insights at Any Scale
A modernized architecture provides the most responsive, intuitive experience yet!
Coded Enterprises Deliver Compelling Software Experiences.
Chef Automate is powered by three core engines: Chef Infra makes infrastructure configurations testable, portable, and auditable. Chef InSpec builds on predefined profiles to codify security and compliance. Chef Habitat provides application management for all apps, customer facing or internal, and supports the entire coded enterprise.