- When will the reporting capability be removed (EOL)?
March 30th, 2023
- What will be the result of removing reporting?
The Report tab in manage.chef.io will be removed. The related APIs in api.chef.io will also be removed. This change will not impact any other services including the ability to automate and manage nodes.
- What services are expected to go offline?
The Reports tab in manage.chef.io will be permanently offline.
- Are other Chef Hosted services expected to go offline?
While no other services are expected to go offline - if you currently use the reporting APIs they will no longer work. You should work to remove any API calls 24 hours before the EOL change to avoid processing errors.
- Should users perform any other procedures before or after the change?
We are working to ensure that all other Hosted Chef services will resume as-is after the removal of Chef Reporting. We do not anticipate that our customers will have to make any other changes to their existing code as all non-reporting URLs, APIs, and services will not be changed and will continue to operate as they do now.
- How can one know if the EOL change is complete?
After March 30th, 2023, it will be apparent that the EOL change is complete when the Reports tab is no longer visible in manage.chef.io. Direct access to any reporting URLs will no longer track to a valid URL and will receive a 404 error.
- When should I extract any historical data?
Customers must extract all data before March 30th,2023.
If you have questions or need assistance during this transition, please contact your CSM or account rep.