10/17/2023, 2:00 AM PST – 3:00 AM PST
manage.chef.io services will enter maintenance mode for 10 minutes per customer. During this time, we will be performing the following tasks:
- Migration of Elastic Search to OpenSearch
- Verification of upgrade across hosted chef environments
- Re-indexing of data
3. What services are expected to go offline?
We have planned for the following services to be affected:
Yes, there will be a pause in service from 2:00 AM PST to 3:00 AM PST. Any node managed by https://manage.chef.io will be in maintenance mode. Client scans should be paused until 3:00 AM PST to accommodate the re-indexing of data.
5. What precautions can you take to avoid being affected during this window?
Although we anticipate no user requiring precautionary procedures, we encourage users to ensure the following during the window of migration:
- Not have any planned deployments
- Silence alerts focused on manage.chef.io/api.chef.io
- Do not run client scans during the window
6. What happens if I do a client scan during the maintenance window?
- While data is being indexed client scans will repeat data from the last scan
- Data will not be updated until the window is complete
We are working on ensuring that all services will resume as-is after the migration. We hope there will be no requirement to make any changes to the existing code for any customer. All URLs, APIs and services will continue operating the same way as they are now.
8. How can I track the migration?
9. When will I know that things are completed?