If you are interested in knowing more about our Support program, the team itself and more, read on below.
What do Chef users think about our Support team? The results may or may not surprise you.
Chef has received the Best Support for Enterprise Winter 2023 from G2, based on real reviews from real Chef Support users. The Chef support team has earned a 4.67 Customer Service Rating (CSAT) out of five. While we are certainly proud of these accomplishments
from G2, what we appreciate most is what our customers have to say about our support team.
"Chef opens the door for working with new technologies with a good toolset, good docs, support, and community. Chef is great to work with from a developer standpoint."
- Bart V., Automation Engineer
Chef Global Technical Support includes tech and product support, as well as access to knowledge databases.
Support is available for all accounts with an active service agreement during local business hours, specified in the purchase agreement. Chef offers two levels of Support to our Customers. The first response time for Severity 1-4 cases can vary depending
on the support level, Premium or Standard.
- Progress Chef Premium Support: For this, the highest level of support, Progress Chef, will prioritize cases about the Supported Applications under the following table. Severity 1 follow-up may include phone and video conferencing support as needed.
- Progress Chef Standard Support: For the Standard level of support, Progress Chef will prioritize cases about the Supported Applications described in our Service Level Agreement chart. https://www.chef.io/service-level-agreement
The Chef Support Team Knowledge Base is a product information repository to help you find the correct answer quickly. Included within Product Support:
- Product Guidance & Troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot warnings, errors, and
exceptions within Chef products
- Analyze customer logs of errors
- Narrowing down the cause of issues: EOL product, invalid data, incorrect configuration, and others
- Diagnose defects and escalate to our Engineering Team
- Provide documentation to assist with product issues, upgrades, installations, and migrations