– Phil Dibowitz, Production Engineer
AUTOMATION: INFRASTRUCTURE AS CODE
Infrastructure automation makes servers and VM management more flexible, efficient, and scalable by converting management tasks and policy into code.
Infrastructure described as code is versionable, readable, and testable. Whether your infrastructure is in the cloud, on-premises or in a hybrid environment, automation lets you easily and quickly adapt to your business’s changing needs by changing the way you build, deploy, and manage IT infrastructure.
HOW CHEF ENABLES INFRASTRUCTURE AUTOMATION
- Commit to Source Code
- Automated Testing through CI or CD pipelines
- Automatically promote across environments
- Easily deploy new configurations in a matter of minutes.
- Continuously verify and repair misconfigured systems